E mail: email@example.com
Website Address: www.inchigeelans.com
Inchigeela National School Newsletter May 2018
- 4th May (Fri) & 7th May (Mon) – May Bank Holiday –
- 9th May (Wed) Heritage Awards Ceremony at Inchigeela School 10am.
- 19th May (Sat) – First Holy Communion 11am.
- 25th May (Fri) – Referendum- School closed for voting.
- 1stJune (Fri) - Cork City Sports @ CIT *( School open for all – note change to original School Calendar)
- 4th June (Mon) 5th June (Tue) June Bank Holiday - School Closed.
- 11th June
(Mon) –to 15th June (Fri) Swimming lessons at Cúl Aodha pool – 2nd to 6th class.
- 12th June (Tue) Junior School tour - Kennedy’s Pet Farm -Juniors to 1st Class - non uniform
- 19th June (Tue) Senior School Tour to West Cork Secret- 2nd to 6th Class – non uniform day – old change of clothes and shoes needed.
- 21st June (Thurs) End of year and Graduation Mass 10 am
at Church. School Sports day afterwards at GAA Pitch - weather permitting.
- 28th June (Thurs) Summer Holidays 12 noon.
- Report cards for all pupils, book lists, schedule for 2018/2019 School year posted out week 18/22 June.
Update of Trips and Achievements since March
New infants had a lovely Easter Egg Hunt
morning. 5-6 super new pupils expected for September. Welcome to our School.
- Chess Club has started at school following 3rd - 6th Chess Tournament at Ballinscarthy where we had a great day.
- Rugby Blitz in Presentation
Rugby Club Cork, organised by Willie Schubert. Was a great success.
- Ground Hurling Blitz West Muskerry in Macroom Community Leisure Centre- Non Competitive – 6 Schools involved- Excellent success – all pupils got involved.
morning 18th April was a beautiful event and congratulations to children involved and thanks for all the work done by all and to Fr. Anthony for his support.
- Confirmation Retreat was held at Ballingeary Church for all three schools. Thanks to Fr Anthony
- Food Dudes had been running very successfully at school and we encourage all parents to complete the year on a healthy lunchbox drive.
Parents Association - Drama event in Hall – March 9th- very successful
and sociable night . Also, funds raised for our school through raffle & entrance - €1,000- Thanks to all involved.
Parents Association- Clothes Collection – information leaflets to follow. Please support.